MODIFIED REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Modified Registration Process During the COVID-19 Pandemic for the North Shore School District
During these difficult times during the COVID-19 pandemic, the North Shore Schools registration guidelines have been modified due to extended school closures. Parents and/or guardians with children who have moved into the North Shore School District or have student(s) entering Kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year, should follow the modified registration guidelines below:
Please go to the Registration section of the North Shore School website at http://www.northshoreschools.org/district/registrations.html and print out the following forms:
- Directions to North Shore School Buildings
- Census Form
- Registration Demographic Form
- Immunization Information and Checklist
- NYS Enrollment Form
- NYS Race-Ethnicity Form
- Proof of Domicile
- Proof of Parental Relationship
- Affidavits A-F
To begin the registration process, please contact Mrs. Katherine Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email parents/guardian’s name and phone number, student(s) name, date of birth, and address.
• Parents and/or guardians need to complete and return copies of registration forms – along with any required proofs of residency and age at this time– via email or regular/expedited mail to the North Shore School District Central Office, 112 Franklin Avenue, Sea Cliff, New York 11579 Attn: Katherine Miller.
• Mrs. Miller will arrange a telephone interview with you to discuss the registration of your student(s).
• During this interview, Mrs. Miller may ask relevant questions regarding the individual’s physical presence in the District, intent to remain, and legal custody arrangements.
- Many Districts ask individuals to complete affidavits that require notarized signatures. See https://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/notary/notary.html.
• Upon a careful and expedient review of all available information, the District will issue either an “interim” approval for, or a written denial of, admission.
• An “interim” admission will be contingent upon the eventual review of original documents once schools reopen. Districts always retain the right to review any student’s residency status at any time that circumstances appear to have changed. For that reason, no residency determination is ever truly “final.” Please note, the “interim” admission remains valid only while schools remain closed by Executive Order due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• When schools reopen, any parent and/or guardian who admitted their student(s) on an “interim” basis will be required to submit original proof of both residency and age in accordance with State law and District policy.
• The District will contact you once schools reopen to submit original proofs as necessary to render a final determination.
• A written denial of admission will still provide an opportunity for review within the District.