The goal of the Elementary Humanities program is to help students develop into independent readers, writers, and thinkers. Students will acquire the reading, writing, speaking, listening, and social studies skills, knowledge, and understandings that will enable them to be lifelong learners.
The Workshop model for reading and writing is designed to foster this independence.
- Parent Guide to the Reading and Writing Workshop Model
- Summary for Parents of the Integrated Humanities Units
- Grammar Guide for Parents
- Phonics, Spelling and Handwriting
- NYS Standards for Social Studies
- NYS Standards for English Language Arts